Facilitating life skills for emotional & mental well-being to children and youth 3 - 18 years & their schools
Please Read This – Be aware that any physical activity involving minors entails risk and Yoga It Up (“YIU”) activities carry inherent risks to the student who participates. As the parent and legal guardian of the proposed YIU student(s), I hereby affirm that I am at least 19-years old, have exclusive legal responsibility for the particular student(s) whom I intent to register with YIU. I agree that, on behalf of my YIU student(s), as a condition of my student(s) participating in any YIU activity and all use of the YIU facilities or any facilities and premises under the control and supervision of YIU at any time in any place: I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF YOGA IT UP, JULIA JOHNSON BAKER, OR OTHER STAFF TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME AND MY STUDENT FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF THE ACTIVITIES NO MATTER WHERE SUCH ACTIVITIES MAY OCCUR. I KNOW THAT PARTICIPATION IN SUCH ACTIVITIES AND USE OF FACILITIES INVOLVES INCREASED RISK OF INJURY.
I DECLARE THAT I FULLY KNOW AND APPRECIATE ALL POTENTIAL RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH YOGA IT UP ACTIVITIES AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE AND LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM ON BEHALF OF ME AND ANY MINOR FOR WHOM I MAY BE RESPONSIBLE IN CAPACITY INCLUDING AS A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
In consideration of YOGA IT UP and JULIA JOHNSON BAKER accepting my student’s application to participate in YIU activities, and permitting my student(s) to use YIU facilities wherever located at any time permitted, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, that I have or may in the future have against YOGA IT UP, JULIA JOHNSON BAKER, its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, successors and assigns (jointly the “RELEASEES”), and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I or my student(s) may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer resulting from either I or my student(s) use of or presence on the YIU facilities or travel beyond the YIU facilities, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, whether arising directly or indirectly, INCLUDING ANY CAUSE OF ACTION IN TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, AND GROSS NEGLIGENCE AS PERMITTED UNDER LAW, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, R.S.B.C. 1996, c.337 as amended, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO ANY EXTENT. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME AND THOSE FOR WHOM I MAY BE RESPONSIBLE AND LIABLE FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF THE ACTIVITIES REFERRED TO ABOVE;
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to property of or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my use of or presence on the facilities or travel beyond the YIU facilities;
3. This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity; this Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and no other jurisdiction; and
4. Any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought solely within British Columbia, to which I attorn, and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of British Columbia.
5. In entering into this Agreement I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of the activities other than what is set forth in this Agreement and this Agreement shall remain in force indefinitely upon consent and agreement.
Waiver (To be read by the adult parent or guardian of student)
Copyright 2013 - 2018. Yoga It Up. All rights reserved. (T) 604-727-6816 (E) email@example.com
Lower Mainland, BC, Canada including: Tsawwassen, Ladner, Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Cloverdale, Richmond, Burnaby, Coquitlam, New West, North Van, West Van, Vancouver. Delivering kids yoga and school yoga trainings nationally and internationally.